Website Morneau Shepell
As a Client Care Counsellor, you will manage clients facing urgent or crisis situations requiring immediate attention via telephone or chat modalities. Taking care of our clients’ means evaluating needs, assessing risks, crisis containment, assisting in single sessions and providing necessary resources to resolve challenges.
• Provides immediate telephone crisis counseling/interventions to employees and family members of customer organizations
• Provides immediate management consultation to key employees within customer organizations
• Provides immediate information and support to the caller requesting a trauma or other workplace intervention.
• Respond to warm transfers of clients who request to speak to a Counselor upon their initial call for services.
• Identify the present problem and determine appropriate service response level as per case response level standards.
• Assess client’s needs and provide telephone counseling when the client is not prepared to accept a referral, or book an appointment with a Counselor.
• Provide consultation to callers who are requesting an Assisted Referral for an employee for an EAP assessment.
Succeeding as a Client Care Counsellor will require the following core qualifications and skills
• Completed a Clinical Master’s Degree in either Social Work, Sexology, Clinical Counseling, Clinical Psychology or another clinical field of study
• Be a member of a Canadian Professional Association such as CCPA (https://www.ccpa-accp.ca), or a member of a Professional Order
• Verbal and written skills in English and/or French is mandatory
• Ability to speak the following languages is a strong asset: Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Spanish, Arabic
• Strong Computer skills and mastering current software and applications (such as Microsoft Office)
• Strong risk assessment skills with regards to Child Welfare/Safety concerns, Suicide/Self-Harm, Substance Abuse etc.
• Good clinical judgement and understanding of your responsibilities regarding confidentiality
• Strong work ethic and professionalism
• Abilities to work over the phone and through chats
• Ability to adapt to both the ever changing client and organizational needs
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task when needed
• Strong empathy and listening skills
• Flexibility to work shifts, weekend’s evenings etc. as per business needs
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.